Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions
Your questions answered
Because Ampol AdBlue® is a fully VDA approved and certified product, it means our manufacturing processes have passed rigorous inspections and ongoing audits to ensure consistent product quality that complies with strict ISO standards. Only certified VDA AdBlue® suppliers are licensed to sell branded AdBlue®.
Non VDA approved urea solutions do not offer the same guarantee of performance, product quality, and consistency. Inconsistency of product due to inferior ingredients, contaminants and unsuitable manufacturing processes can lead to:
Blocked sites within the SCR catalyst leading to downtime and costly repairs.
Reduced conversion of NOx causing increased frequency of system warning alerts.
Non-VDA approved urea solutions do not offer the same guarantee of product quality and performance.
No, you cannot currently enjoy money off your shopping at Ampol locations (which as we transition from Caltex to Ampol may be branded Caltex or Ampol).Visit everydayrewards.com.au for more information about the Everyday Rewards program and how you can enjoy your Everyday Rewards points
No, you cannot redeem the additional 4c voucher on your Everyday Rewards card on your AmpolCard.
The 4c per litre fuel discount offer when you spend $30 or more at Woolworths supermarkets is not available with AmpolCard and cannot be redeemed in conjunction with AmpolCard.
No, you can only link one Everyday Rewards account to your eligible AmpolCard account.
No, you can simply present your AmpolCard and all charges and Rewards points will be applied.
Call Ampol Customer Service to find out how to add Services and Repairs on 1300 365 096.
You can unlink your Everyday Rewards card from your AmpolCard account by accessing myAmpol, clicking the ‘Unlink your Everyday Rewards Card’ and then follow the prompts.
You can update the selected Everyday Rewards card that is linked to your AmpolCard account by accessing myAmpol, and clicking the ‘Update my card preference’ button.Note that you can only link one Everyday Rewards card to your AmpolCard account at any time.
You may be eligible to collect Everyday Rewards points on purchases you make on your AmpolCard from a participating Ampol site:
- 2 Points for every litre of Premium Petrol
- 2 Point for every litre of Premium Diesel
- 1 Point for every litre of Regular Petrol
- 1 Point for every litre of Regular Diesel
- 1 Point for every $1 spent on eligible in-store purchases
- 1 Point for every $1 spend on vehicle servicing, repairs and parts with AmpolCard Services and Repairs at approved merchant locations.
The earn rates above may not apply to all customers. Please confirm your earn rate by calling the Customers Service team on 1300 365 096.
For full terms and conditions refer to the AmpolCard Loyalty Program Reward Scheme
You can collect Everyday Rewards points at Ampol if you do not run a business.
Visit everydayrewards.com.au for further information.
Any part dollar is ignored after all the purchase values are added for the month. If the total value of eligible purchases in a month is $58.80, then the points collected will be 58 Everyday Rewards points.
An AmpolCard account must be linked to Everyday Rewards during the month and must be paid in full by the due date. If you pay your current and overdue charges fully by the following payment date, you will receive Everyday Rewards points on eligible purchases for up to two previous months.
If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, please report immediately by calling 1300 365 096.
Everyday Rewards program is where you can simply shop and save money. It is a customer loyalty program which Woolworths Group Limited (Woolworths) operates throughout Australia.
Now eligible AmpolCard customers can collect Everyday Rewards points on fuel and selected in-store purchases at participating Ampol stores (which may be branded Caltex or Ampol) by linking AmpolCard to Everyday Rewards*.
Visit everydayrewards.com.au for more information about the Everyday Rewards program and how you can enjoy your Everyday Rewards points on your shopping or convert Everyday Rewards points to Qantas Points.
Please call the AmpolCard Customers Service team on 1300 365 096 or email email@example.com to check Everyday Rewards eligibility on your AmpolCard.
*Everyday Rewards points are offered under and subject to the AmpolCard Loyalty Program Rewards Scheme Terms and Conditions and AmpolCard Terms and Conditions. You must have an Everyday Rewards account to collect Everyday Rewards points. If you do not have an Everyday Rewards account, you are able tooin here. Woolworths Everyday Rewards Membership and Everyday Rewards points are subject to the Everyday Rewards Terms and Conditions. Everyday Rewards points are collected on fuel purchases and eligible in-store purchases at all Ampol locations (which as we transition from Caltex to Ampol may be branded Caltex or Ampol) across mainland Australia. Ampol locations in Tasmania are currently excluded from the Everyday Rewards Program, and you will not collect Everyday Rewards points at Ampol locations in Tasmania. Product exclusions apply on points collected, refer to the AmpolCard Loyalty Programs Reward Scheme Terms and Conditions.
The following products are not entitled to Everyday Rewards points:
Accommodation; AdBlue; amusement machines; travel/bus/freight tickets; cigarettes and tobacco (including all related items); deposit and insurance services; dry cleaning; fax and photocopy; handset kits; hire services; laundry services; gift cards including StarCash; LPG, Lubricants; pay phones; lottery products; maps and directories; phone cards and accessories; post office accessories including postage stamps; prepaid and postpaid internet; prepaid and postpaid starter kits; recharge cards; showers; tolls; tickets; cash out; purchases from a third party business operating at an Ampol retailing outlet (which as we transition to Ampol may be branded Ampol or Caltex), purchases using FuelPay except where FuelPay is used as the mechanism for payment by an eligible AmpolCard customer using an AmpolCard.
You can pay your AmpolCard via direct debit from:
- a nominated bank account; or
- a nominated credit card
Your AmpolCard payment will be debited on a monthly basis from your nominated account.
The Everyday Rewards Service Centre can be contacted on 1300 10 1234, Option 1.
Phone hours: Monday - Friday: 9am to 7pm and Saturday - Sunday: 10am to 4pm (AEDT).
There are over 1900 service stations Australia-wide that accept AmpolCard. To locate a service station by state, town or suburb, or to plan a trip via participating service stations, click here for the site locator or call 1300 365 096.
No, your business must be an Everyday Rewards member before Everyday Rewards points can be enjoyed.
Physical AmpolCash cards are accepted at all Ampol locations across Australia (which as we transition from Caltex to Ampol may be branded Caltex or Ampol). That’s over 1,900 locations nation-wide.
AmpolCash Digital can be redeemed at participating Ampol locations which as we transition from Caltex to Ampol may be branded Caltex or Ampol.
HaloGo on AmpolCard
If you already have an account with MYOB, then use the myAmpol portal to integrate your accounts. Simply follow this step-by-step guide:
- Log in to myAmpol
- Click on the Fuel Cards button
- Click on Account & Transactions
- You will see a "Connect to MYOB" button on the right hand side. Read and Agree the Terms & Conditions, then click on the "Connect to MYOB" button
Log in to MYOB to validate the integration.
When successful, all future AmpolCard statement details will be loaded to your MYOB account followed shortly by a copy of your statement (the same one that you still receive via email).
Ampol also offers an integration to Xero.
Simply register for myAmpol at https://my.ampol.com.au/Login.aspx. Your online account will be opened within 48 hours and you’ll receive a confirmation email. You can then follow the instructions above.
Ampol will transfer your AmpolCard statement data to MYOB for each billing cycle. You can expect to see:
- Fuel purchases by fuel type (i.e. ULP, Diesel, E10, etc)
- Non Fuels purchases
- Card fees
- AdBlue/Lubricants purchases
- Payments made
*Provision of Services outside Australia (and for the purposes of this agreement, “Australia” includes the mainland and Tasmania but excludes any other off-shore territory or Island).
Your location is defined by your point of pickup. Regional v’s Metropolitan can be clarified per below:
NSW & ACT
- Metropolitan area means the metropolitan areas of Sydney, Newcastle (including Raymond Terrace, Nelson Bay and Maitland), Blue Mountains (including Springwood and Katoomba), Illawarra (including Kiama, Wollongong and Picton) and all areas of the ACT.
- Country Areas means all areas of New South Wales that are outside the Metropolitan Areas above.
- Metro Area means Melbourne Metropolitan or Geelong urban areas.
- Country Area(s) means those areas of Victoria outside the Melbourne Metropolitan or Geelong urban areas.
- Metro Area covers within the greater Gold Coast, Brisbane or Sunshine Coast regions.
- Country Area mean those areas of Queensland outside of the greater Gold Coast, Brisbane or Sunshine Coast regions.
- Metro Area means the geographic area of Adelaide.
- Country Area means the areas outside of the geographical area of Adelaide.
- Metropolitan Area means the Perth metropolitan area as detailed by the WA Planning Commission Metropolitan Region Scheme map, as well as Mandurah.
- Country Area(s) means areas within Western Australia but outside the Metropolitan Area.
- Metro Area is the geographic area of Darwin and Alice Springs.
- Country Area is defined as the areas outside of the geographic area of Darwin and Alice Springs.
- Metro Area is defined as the Hobart Metropolitan area.
- Country area is defined as everything outside the Hobart Metropolitan area.
If you have an existing myAmpol account:
1. Log onto myAmpol
2. Click on the Fuel Cards button,
3. Click on 'Card Management' and then 'Maintain Card'
4. Scroll down to ‘Additional Products and Services’ and select Roadside Assistance
You can sign up for Roadside Assistance via:
- AmpolCard application form – when creating your AmpolCard account you can nominate Roadside Assistance for each of your applicable AmpolCards.
- myAmpol – you can add Roadside Assistance to existing AmpolCards or to newly ordered AmpolCards using the Ampol online self-service portal.
- Bulk AmpolCard order form – Roadside Assistance can be added to selected cards when ordering AmpolCards in bulk.
- When requesting Roadside Assistance, the driver must remain with the vehicle. Service will not be provided to unattended vehicles.
- Should special equipment be necessary to deliver the Service or where the Service Provider has to return to their service facility to obtain any special equipment required, the additional cost will be invoiced as an additional charge to your AmpolCard account.
- When signing up for Roadside Assistance, please ensure your vehicle registration details are correct, as these will be cross checked whenever assistance is required.
Your NRMA technician can provide commercial roadside diagnostics and repairs, both electrical and mechanical. This includes fault diagnosis and mobilisation of the vehicle wherever possible. They can also test the battery on site and fit a spare tyre if necessary. Other services include*:
- Flat battery jumpstarts
- Installation of new battery*
- Entry to the vehicle if keys are locked inside
- Minor repairs to items such as hoses or belts
- Replacement of fuses or headlight globes (subject to availability of parts)
- Mobile locksmith for key or lock-related faults (including lost or stolen keys)*
- Towing to your nominated repairer* (Towing outside of free towing benefit is at customer’s cost)
- Referral to your preferred windscreen repairer for glass replacement*
- Wheel and tyre changing assistance
- Emergency fuel* (fuel charges may apply).
*Products/additional services are at the customer’s cost.
- Towing for mechanical breakdowns - if it’s not possible to fix your car by the side of the road or if repairing the problem could affect your vehicle warranty
- Towing over 30 km - if your vehicle is outside the 30km radius for free towing and cannot be fixed on the roadside
- Wheel changing - if we need to replace a flat tyre with a new one
- Replacing flat batteries
- Emergency fuel (where government regulations permit), or transporting to the nearest refuelling station
- Key lockouts - arranging a locksmith to attend if the costs exceed $150.
*Products/additional services are at the customer’s cost.
- Sign up fee - Nil
- Termination fee - Nil
- Monthly fee - $9.95 (incl. GST) per policy per vehicle
- Call out fee - $250 per call out
- Additional charges – as agreed depending on service provided
• Passenger - for vehicles under 3.5 tonnes
• Truck Roadside Assistance - for vehicles from 3.5-12 tonnes (GVM). Includes free towing (20kms metropolitan, 50kms regional)
• Heavy vehicle - coverage for vehicles greater than 12 tonnes (GVM)
Services and Repairs
If you already have an account with Xero, then use the myAmpol portal to integrate your accounts. Simply follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Log in to myAmpol2. Click on the Fuel Cards button
3. Click on Account & Transactions
4. You will see a "Connect to Xero" button on the right hand side. Read and Agree the Terms & Conditions, then click on the "Connect to Xero" button
5. Log in to Xero to validate the integration
When successful, all future AmpolCard statement details will be loaded to your Xero account followed shortly by a copy of your statement (the same one that you still receive via email).
Yes, you will still receive your AmpolCard statement via your existing channel. Xero integration will simply remove the need for you to manually enter or upload the statement details.
Simply register for myAmpol. Your online account will be opened within 48 hours and you’ll receive a confirmation email. You can then follow the instructions above.
Amplify Premium fuels can be safely mixed with any regular, unadditised fuels. However, by diluting Amplify Premium, you will also dilute its benefits. Mixing regular, unadditised fuel and Amplify Premium will also lower the octane rating. If your vehicle requires a minimum octane rating of 95, for example, the blend may fall below this and hinder the performance of your vehicle until the fuel is changed.
Amplify Premium fuels are the only fuels in Australia using our unique, next-generation additive package. We believe they are the best Premium fuels we’ve ever created in terms of quality, performance and the range of benefits they offer.
There are 3 Amplify Premium fuels:
- Amplify Premium 98 is our highest octane petrol, formulated to meet the exact requirements of the latest high-compression, turbo-charged and performance engines.
- Amplify Premium 95 combines a high octane, friction reducer and rust inhibitor to help give more power and improve performance compared to regular, unadditised petrol.
- Amplify Premium Diesel contains advanced additives to help restore and maintain fuel injector cleanliness.
All 3 contain our unique, multi function additives that help to clean your engine for better performance.
The numbers relate to the octane rating of the petrol. Both 95 and 98 are high octane.
Many newer or turbocharged engines require high octane fuel to perform as intended.
There are 4 key benefits that separate Amplify Premium fuels from regular, unadditised fuels. They contain our unique, multi function additives that help your engine work at its peak.
All Amplify Premium fuels
Our unique cleaning agent helps detox engines by removing fuel injector deposits as you drive. This can help restore engine performance.
Over time abrasive rust particles can build up and cause engine parts to wear. Our rust inhibitor prevents the formation of rust, helping to keep engines healthier for longer.
Amplify Premium 95 and 98
Metal parts in an engine can rub together while the engine is running.
Our friction reducing additive keeps parts moving freely and protects against engine wear.
Amplify Premium Diesel
Regular diesel can foam as drivers fill up. This can be messy and may take longer to fill.
Our new anti-foaming agent helps overcome both of these issues for a cleaner and faster fill that forms no stable foam.
Amplify Premium 98 has 25% more cleaning agent and friction reducer than Amplify Premium 95.
Some engines will notice a benefit from using Amplify Premium fuels almost immediately. For others it can take a bit longer! But even if you can’t feel them, the additives are working to clean your engine to restore lost performance which can help your vehicle feel more powerful and improve acceleration.
Everyone. No matter what the age or condition of the engine, the cleaning effect of our additives can help to output more power, achieve better acceleration and smoother running.
High octane Amplify Premium 95 and 98 are suitable for all vehicles designed to run on unleaded petrol.