Terms and Conditions
AmpolCard Privacy Agreement
Ampol needs to collect Personal Information about individuals associated with the Applicant (referred to as “you” in this Privacy Agreement), for the purposes of assessing this credit application and the ongoing management of any created account opened for the Applicant. If Ampol cannot collect this information, it may be unable to process the application. Ampol respects your privacy and will only use or disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You can seek access to or correction of your personal information, or make a complaint about Ampol's handling of your personal information, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Ampol's Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy. To request access or correction, make a complaint, ask a privacy-related question or get a copy of Ampol’s Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy, please write to:
The Privacy Compliance Officer, Ampol Australia Petroleum Pty Ltd, Level 24, 2 Market Street SYDNEY, NSW 2000 or visit www.ampol.com.au.
Ampol 's Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy contains information about the credit reporting bodies to which Ampol may disclose your personal information, how Ampol and credit reporting bodies may deal with your personal information and your rights to request your personal information be dealt with in particular ways.
“Personal information” means information about you collected by Ampol in this Application form and from other sources, including information about you, your financial circumstances, credit worthiness, credit history, credit standing and credit capacity.
By submitting this Application, you agree that, subject to the Privacy Act 1988, Ampol may:
- disclose Personal Information to Ampol’s associated entities or third parties engaged to provide services to Ampol;
- obtain credit reports, including consumer credit reports, about you from credit reporting bodies to assess your application for commercial credit or to collect overdue payments from you;
- obtain and verify Personal Information about you from a motor vehicle or land title registry or from a business that provides commercial credit worthiness information;
- provide to and exchange your Personal Information with any person whose name you give to Ampol in connection with your credit Application or facility;
- provide to and exchange your Personal Information with Ampol’s collection agents if you default on your credit obligations;
- disclose your Personal Information to credit reporting bodies before, during or after providing credit to you. This includes, but is not limited to:
- identity particulars - name, sex, address (and the previous two addresses), date of birth, employer and drivers licence number;
- the fact that you have applied for credit and the credit limit/amount, and that Ampol is a credit provider to you;
- advice about payments at least 60 days overdue and which are in collection (and advice that payments are no longer overdue or in collection);
- advice that cheque(s) drawn by you which are more than $100 has been dishonoured;
- the fact that you have committed a serious credit infringement; and
- the fact that credit provided to you has been discharged.
- exchange your Personal Information with another credit provider who is named in your Application or a credit report issued by a credit reporting body or who proposes to provide credit to you or has provided credit to you. This is for purposes including but not limited to:
- assessing your credit worthiness, this Application and any subsequent application by you for personal or commercial credit;
- assisting you to avoid defaulting in your credit obligations;
- assessing your position if you fall into arrears;
- notifying other credit providers of your default;
- exchanging information about your credit obligations with other credit providers; and
- administering your credit facility
- you intend to provide his/her personal information to Ampol for the purposes of your credit Application;
- without that information, Ampol may not be able to process your Application; and
- that person can access the information about him/her held by Ampol by writing to the Privacy Compliance Officer at the address above.
You also agree that Ampol may:
- use your Personal Information to send you marketing material and offers about products and services including products and services supplied by third parties. If you do not wish to receive this material, please write to Ampol’s Privacy Compliance Officer at the address above;
- monitor and record your telephone conversations with Ampol’s staff for training, recording and service quality control purposes; and
- provide Personal Information, as reasonably necessary, to a likely or actual buyer of the whole or part of Ampol’s business.