Mobil Delvac XHP
Mobil Delvac XHP™ - For modern high output, low emission engines
High output, low emission engines significantly increase demands on engine lubricants. In modern engines, tighter engine design, use of inter-coolers, and turbochargers increase thermal stresses on the lubricant. The Mobil Delvac XHP™ series has been developed to meet these stresses and demands with superior protection.
The Mobil Delvac XHP series are synthetic extra high performance diesel engine oils engineered to provide lubrication to modern engines used in severe applications. This engine oil is designed using high performance base oils which provide excellent low temperature fluidity, high temperature viscosity retention and volatility control. The base oils are enhanced with an advanced additive system to provide protection to all parts of the engine and enhance potential for fuel economy improvement.
Mobil Delvac XHP ESP 10W-40 - Extra high performance diesel engine oilFormulated using high performance base oils enhanced with an advanced additive system engineered to protect the engine, extend its life and drive efficiency.
Features and benefits
- Reduced engine scuffing and bore polishing protection provides protection against ring sticking
- Extended TBN reserve helps control wear and extend the oil drain interval potential
- Excellent viscosity under a range of temperatures and applications
- High stability/low volatility to extend oil life and reduce breakdown under high temperature operating conditions
Mobil Delvac XHP ESP 10W-40 - Emission system protection diesel engine oil
The new advanced additive system has been expertly engineered to complement the high performance base oils and help towards long engine life and maintain the efficiency of emission reduction systems including the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF).
Features and benefits
- Outstanding protection against oil thickening, deposits and sludge to help prevent ring-sticking
- Excellent anti-wear and anti-scuff properties to support engine life
- Low ash, sulphur and phosphorous levels to protect exhaust after -treatment devices like DPFs (Diesel Particulate Filters)
- Excellent low temperature properties for fast circulation and protection on start-up.
Mobil Delvac Range FAQs
Mobil Delvac 1™ synthetic lubricants are fully compatible with their mineral oil counterparts, and it is practical to switch.
The outstanding performance improvements of Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic products over mineral oils can be realised at all kinds of ambient temperatures.
To realise these benefits, including improved efficiency and cost benefits, Mobil Delvac 1 products are recommended to use all year round.
Many truck engines idle for very prolonged periods during cold winter temperature conditions to allow for warm-up and to keep the cab warm.
Prolonged idling will reduce engine life and also waste fuel. Engines operate cooler while idling, and during long idle periods in winter's cold temperatures, moisture in the intake air can condense in the engine crankcase and produce corrosive sulphuric acid, which can attack soft bearing alloys.
Long idling also contributes to increased soot and combustion contaminants, which will shorten the engine oil's life prematurely and can lead to excessive piston deposits, sludge formation and detrimental viscosity effects.